Gabzor's Green Turd DD

Show off your trick ride or race mobile in here.

Moderator: Members Rides Moderators

Gabzor
NOT JOEY

Gabzor's Green Turd DD

Post by Gabzor » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:09 am

For those who don't know, I bought Macchio's car cause he wrecked it.. twice.. and didn't feel like fixing it
Well first off, i'd like to thank everyone in the partid thread/pms/text,etc.. you all know who you are.. and thank you very much, and i will annoy you guys again :P

Here is his old thread

http://www.mirageforums.net/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=50149

here is how i bought the car.. and this was the day before i towed it and yes i have some goku hair going on there

Still, it is a 2001 Mirage LS with the 4g93, Sunroof, and Power Everything..

My plans are to restore the car so it is drive-able, and make it a good DD.. none of that because racecar crap here.. (hopefully smog-able)
literally the plans are to kind of make it like the lancer ralliart (in terms of the little things such as interior bits)

It is alot more work and money than i thought, but the reason i got it was because my 4g15 started getting boring, to learn how to drive a 5 speed, and my 4g15 chassis was literally falling apart.

I'm low balling on some stuff, because i'm broke, but i'm trying to do things right.

Although I want ABS, looks like ABS was discontinued for the mirages in 2000 :| and it requires alot of parts.. so that will be on hold.

Since the Car will be like 8 different colors, I plan to maybe plastidip it matte white as a temporary since it is cheap.. tell me what you guys think

The car will serve as my college daily, and maybe next year or so i'm thinking 4g64/4g63t (legally swapped)

Things that need to be done..
Carwash... the car has never been washed by the previous owner since he bought it, and yeah.. the last carwash is unknown.
(its one of the things that bugs me cause i guess i used to detail so much)
basically the whole front suspension needs an overhaul, including subframe/k-frame, Axles
Need to get rid of the CEL so i can smog..
Black dash might need some repairing, once i figure out how to :/
Need to pull/replace core support

Things will be gone/are gone
-Evo Trunk, Evo Tails, Evo Reflectors (It's cool and all but i don't need it and my car will be a mirage, not an evo or an evo conversion)
-NRG Quick Release (Already gone back to previous owner)
-Ebay Hids (Already gone to previous owner)
-Wink Mirror (gone to Paulo)
-Wheels (Impossible to find, for complicated reasons?)
-DNA Coilover sleeves (already reserved for someone) (I don't like them)

The Plans for the car..
-Restore Air Conditioning and Power steering needs to be restored (DD needs it, and I prefer it)
-Projector Retrofit (Probably FX-R, or Mini's or TSX) I'd like to retain bi-xenon setup as much as possible, but i might just go Hi/Low Seperate for those wondering
-Black interior, retrofit 4g69 Ralliart seats (once I get em) or some evo-ish seats
-H&R Lowering Springs, (Shocks/Struts I will be using my old KYB GR2's from the white one to save money for now)
Got some wheels (They still need paint) but they are Konig Eco1 Titanium's
-Clutch/Flywheel (they are planned later when i have some more money) [I'm bound to burn the clutch up as its my car to learn to drive a manual properly]
-Sound system (I basically have a sound system, but i won't list the components as I might actually make an Oldschool build with newer speakers) I will be retaining the trunk though, and it will be a pure budget SQ/SQL build.
-Tint
-Sound Deadening (still can't decide if i want to do the headliner/behind dash yet)
-Bigger Brakes all around /w steel lines /w upgraded master cylinder of course..
-Heated mirrors
-Auto darkening rear-view mirrors
-Various interior LEDS (I love em)
-Maybe Cruise control redirection (to retain with EVO wheel) (like the coupe)
-Foglights if i can find some
-Maybe little power mods here and there..
-MP fender bars (if i can find some)
-JDM grill (If i can find one)
-Battery Relocate

The car did come with poly-filled mounts, but they are done softer than the usual, and i'm going to see if i can get rid of the vibrations with dynamat, so i retain some of the poly-filed power
Last edited by Gabzor on Tue May 28, 2013 6:27 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Gabzor
NOT JOEY

Re: Gabzor's Mirage LS Sedan DD

Post by Gabzor » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:23 am

here is why the car won't pass smog..

well first off it has a cut off muffler (which i will be taking care of once the car is moving)

EGR valve gasket..

EGR valve on the intake manifold/air plenum

EGR valve

If anyone has info on how to clean the EGR system without removing the whole intake manifold/air plenum, please let me know!
I think I can use the 4g15 EGR, or my friend might have an extra.. but I want to clean the whole thing
Already have the gasket.

does this apply for our cars as well? then i can just take off the TB and clean the hell out of it..

Thero
No longer a newbie

Post by Thero » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:13 am

Well looks like your in the same boat as me with a lot of work ahead of you lol. Is that Pauls hood? If so do you want his trunk and tails for your trunk? Since I'm going for the evo conversion.

How bad is the core support to? Mine was in pretty rough shape even after Merrill pulled it and in the video it doesn't look as bad as mine was.
http://www.facebook.com/thero2002" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Xbox Live Gamertag
Thero2002

2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR Wicked White:
http://www.mirageforums.net/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=52571

1997 Mitsubishi Mirage (Evo V Conversion)In Progress:
http://www.mirageforums.net/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=49872

RPW00mirage
THE CHRIS

Post by RPW00mirage » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:50 am

you kinda have the right idea?

if you pull off the TB you will see a hole pointing down the runner directly behind the plenum. that goes to the first hole (right hole, if looking at the EGR port on the manifold) . the second hole goes to the head....

you can probably get away with cleaning the upstream port with some pipe cleaners and some WD40 or PB blaster if you sock the manifold so you don't get any crap into the 4 runners. but to clean the 2nd hole i recommend pulling the manifold.
2014 Vitamin-C Veloster Turbo Base Manual 155k miles - K&N panel filter - Nameless poly motor mount - Curt hitch - EBC Redstuff pads - PMS torsion bar - UNIQ front strut bar - Enkei m53 17x7.5 - Falken RT660 225/45r17 - Koni shocks and struts - Rspec springs - MAC BOV solenoid - GFB DVX BOV

armeddoc
No longer a newbie

Post by armeddoc » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:17 am

Damn man, that's a lot of work. Glad to see that someone is taking care of it. A 5 spd, loaded,with sunroof is awesome. I wish you the best of luck.
Think for yourself, question everything.

PaulO
Used to be shade08

Post by PaulO » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:02 am

Gotta say, it really irritates me seeing people be rude to the old owner. ^ know what you mean, but I'd appreciate it if you kept your mouth from going off. No offense, but it isn't what you all think. Good luck with it Gabe :) lmk if you need help with stuff.
chris mitsuman wrote: I want to be a midnight dorifto king.
97 DOHC 4G64 LS Coupe
2000 1.8L LS Coupe

s.gaspar
Retailer

Post by s.gaspar » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:41 am

Unfortunately Paul this is the Internet and people are going to say what they feel and what their interpretations are and unfortunately though I have never met and know absolutely nothing about the previous owner based on his "build" thread and the way he treated the car, I am also glad someone will now take care of and appreciate the car

Gabzor
NOT JOEY

Post by Gabzor » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:34 am

Thero wrote:Well looks like your in the same boat as me with a lot of work ahead of you lol. Is that Pauls hood? If so do you want his trunk and tails for your trunk? Since I'm going for the evo conversion.

How bad is the core support to? Mine was in pretty rough shape even after Merrill pulled it and in the video it doesn't look as bad as mine was.
it doesn't look too bad in the video, but i guess paul and the p.o pulled it with some seat belts, doesn't look like it was pulled with heat.. and yeah its paul's old hood.. but basically headlights/fender are all out of whack, headlight is held in with wire ties, and the drivers side is basically touching the radiator

but naw, i think i already found someone for the trunk/lights

RPW00mirage wrote:you kinda have the right idea?

if you pull off the TB you will see a hole pointing down the runner directly behind the plenum. that goes to the first hole (right hole, if looking at the EGR port on the manifold) . the second hole goes to the head....

you can probably get away with cleaning the upstream port with some pipe cleaners and some WD40 or PB blaster if you sock the manifold so you don't get any crap into the 4 runners. but to clean the 2nd hole i recommend pulling the manifold.
i was spraying a hefty amount of carb cleaner, but i don't think it even got close to the inside so i'll just pull the plenum later and just change the gaskets as well since their all probably caked up just like the egr.. thanks.. looks like more work haha just didn't want to take off the plenum to risk a air/vacuum/egr leak

and wow you might be the only other person who calls it a plenum :lol: :thumbsup:
PaulO wrote:Gotta say, it really irritates me seeing people be rude to the old owner. ^ know what you mean, but I'd appreciate it if you kept your mouth from going off. No offense, but it isn't what you all think. Good luck with it Gabe :) lmk if you need help with stuff.
paul, you even said yourself you were going to just buy the parts to sell the parts off, and the previous owner (ralph) is telling me to sell it now when i told him i got a star smog cert -__-

but you know it was abused too :|

PaulO
Used to be shade08

Post by PaulO » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:45 am

Yea, mostly because i wanted the parts you ditched :p

But eh, I know what you guys mean. I'd be on the same boat. But the previous owner is a good friend of mine so I can't help but get irritated because I know how much this sucked for him :-|
97 DOHC 4G64 LS Coupe
2000 1.8L LS Coupe

Gabzor
NOT JOEY

Post by Gabzor » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:00 am

sell him one of your mirages

PaulO
Used to be shade08

Post by PaulO » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:29 am

They're not for sale :P
97 DOHC 4G64 LS Coupe
2000 1.8L LS Coupe

SgtRodriguez
No longer a newbie

Post by SgtRodriguez » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:37 pm

You could always try this lol:

RPW00mirage
THE CHRIS

Post by RPW00mirage » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:54 pm

makes sense, but you dont want that crap to end up in the engine.
2014 Vitamin-C Veloster Turbo Base Manual 155k miles - K&N panel filter - Nameless poly motor mount - Curt hitch - EBC Redstuff pads - PMS torsion bar - UNIQ front strut bar - Enkei m53 17x7.5 - Falken RT660 225/45r17 - Koni shocks and struts - Rspec springs - MAC BOV solenoid - GFB DVX BOV

SgtRodriguez
No longer a newbie

Post by SgtRodriguez » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:02 pm

I thought maybe he had it off already considering the picture from earlier.

Gabzor
NOT JOEY

Post by Gabzor » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:37 pm

lol freaking scotty killmore.. i can do that, but i'd rather clean out the intake manifold and just clean it so it lasts while
and i don't have a working drill atm.. but thanks!

Gabzor
NOT JOEY

Post by Gabzor » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:49 am

got back from sac town, started dissembling most of the interior, and now i'm stuck :|

this is what i'm stuck on.. removed the seat belt bolts, and clips/screw for it but i still can't seem to take it off..

PaulO
Used to be shade08

Post by PaulO » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:22 am

You know there is a bolt underneath that plastic trim...

Why removing them
97 DOHC 4G64 LS Coupe
2000 1.8L LS Coupe

Gabzor
NOT JOEY

Post by Gabzor » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:31 pm

PaulO wrote:You know there is a bolt underneath that plastic trim...

Why removing them
cleaning/blacking out

Macchio
Used to be LiveUndead2k

Post by Macchio » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:32 pm

gabe, you make it seem like I never took care of that car, but it was actually very well taken care of. i put alot of work an effort to making it run correctly. just cause it doesn't LOOK like it was taken care of, it actually was. on top of that, I didn't "wreck it". wrecking it implies tht it wasn't salvageable.
I mean I honestly don't have to explain myself to others, especially when it was my car. all I can say is good luck and stop complaining about something you knew you were getting into. ay como chilles.
"mother efin crane techinique and ish" lol

Gabzor
NOT JOEY

Post by Gabzor » Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:39 am

where do you guys keep getting ideas in your head?

getting it running right is totally different from getting abused

its wrecked... a bent radiator support alone will get you a salvage title

some people really need to get some damn kneepads.

Macchio
Used to be LiveUndead2k

Post by Macchio » Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:51 am

yes, it was abused, but still maintained. everything was maintained or scheduled to be maintained. the whole point of that car was to beat on it. it was a daily beater.
and the title isn't what I'm taking about, the car itself. it wasn't wrecked, you're repairing it. a wrecked car is irreparable,
but again, it's your car now. you deal with what is given to you.
"mother efin crane techinique and ish" lol

Gabzor
NOT JOEY

Post by Gabzor » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:09 am

Macchio wrote:yes, it was abused, but still maintained. everything was maintained or scheduled to be maintained. the whole point of that car was to beat on it. it was a daily beater.
and the title isn't what I'm taking about, the car itself. it wasn't wrecked, you're repairing it. a wrecked car is irreparable,
but again, it's your car now. you deal with what is given to you.
yeah im dealing with it, but i don't get where you and paul keep saying this and that?
obviously i made the thread to fix it..

lol any car that gets in a crash is wrecked to me

this can go all day...

PaulO
Used to be shade08

Post by PaulO » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:29 am

gabzor wrote: its wrecked... a bent radiator support alone will get you a salvage title
Chime in, not true. But rad support doesn't necessarily mean salvage.
Unless it's reported, even then they will (insurance) inspect it and choose. Friends civic was hit while park. New quarter panel had to be welded on. (AAA insurance) car remains clean title.

Just clearing that up, and shut up about knee pads :p :lol:
97 DOHC 4G64 LS Coupe
2000 1.8L LS Coupe

PaulO
Used to be shade08

Post by PaulO » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:47 am

Damn phone, makes me sound like an idiot :lol:
97 DOHC 4G64 LS Coupe
2000 1.8L LS Coupe

mirage1
Founding Father

Post by mirage1 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:07 am

RPW00mirage wrote:makes sense, but you dont want that crap to end up in the engine.
Chris, the other end dumps out at the #4 exhaust port. So it basically runs into the exhaust manifold and out the exhaust. Start the car up and let it smoke off. Might not be good for the catalytic converter though.
-Mitch-
Check out My Garage
Buy Mirage Forums.net Stickers
Fix your car yourself - Download the shop manuals

RPW00mirage
THE CHRIS

Post by RPW00mirage » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:41 am

through the head, out the exhaust?

mirage1
Founding Father

Post by mirage1 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:03 am

It travels down through its own port in the intake manifold, into the head, through its own port in the cylinder head, and the end is at one of the cylinder #4 exhaust valves.
-Mitch-
Check out My Garage
Buy Mirage Forums.net Stickers
Fix your car yourself - Download the shop manuals

RPW00mirage
THE CHRIS

Post by RPW00mirage » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:14 am

i cant believe with how many times ive had my fingers inside the head i've never seen it before.

Gabzor
NOT JOEY

Post by Gabzor » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:39 pm

my cat is off.. i've been letting people borrow it for smog reasons lmao

i guess i might as well wash the cat since its off, and clean the im/smoke the egr clean

Gabzor
NOT JOEY

Post by Gabzor » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:29 pm

scraping, then maybe going to spray it

i wonder how much this stuff weighs