BSS Cosignment is a SCAM JOB!

At the heart of every decent board is a good Off Topic Forum.

Moderator: Off Topic Moderators

Billy
NEWB / NOOB

BSS Cosignment is a SCAM JOB!

Post by Billy » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:00 am

Anyone had any experience with buying a car online with such a service or is it a complete scam?
What are the procedures to take when using such a service with a stranger?
Thanks.
Last edited by Billy on Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MERRILL
OG

Re: B S S Consignment?

Post by MERRILL » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:54 am

I do consignment sales all the time. I've never consigned a car or anything big but its just working with a different person is all. Sometimes you don't get all the details and sometimes you do.
Forget what everyone else does. Do what YOU want to do. Anything can be made into a racecar.
~Merrill
PaulO wrote: I wish I had jdm ponies :(

Billy
NEWB / NOOB

Post by Billy » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:06 am

I would say on any car purchase you would need all the details of the vehicle to make an informed decision?
I am currently asking the buyer the location of the car. I am assuming it is in the city I am in. If it isn't, I probably won't be making the purchase. (would like to view what I am purchasing first)

MERRILL
OG

Post by MERRILL » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:29 am

Consignment is just a fancy word for "I'll sell it for you"

Vehicle consignments are tricky because you either have the vehicle in your location - or you don't. If the consignment company has the vehicle in their possession, chances are the description and condition is more accurate. If the vehicle is in the owners location and the consignment company is just there to make the ad and handle the money, chances are it is not something you should trust.

BSS looks like a legit money grabber lol. It seems like the average consignment sales company that takes a ton off the top and fee's you to death. I could be wrong but all I did was look at the home page.
Forget what everyone else does. Do what YOU want to do. Anything can be made into a racecar.
~Merrill

Billy
NEWB / NOOB

Post by Billy » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:46 am

Yeah...
The guy is not giving any transaction details or anything. He says go through the company, but the company on their website doesn't even give a phone number to contact them. All the locations that they specify as "their locations" are just random storage unit locations.

You would think the guy "knows" something about the car he is selling. I e-mail him, he gives me no details what so ever. Pretty frustrating...damn scams...

MERRILL
OG

Post by MERRILL » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:31 am

That is the moment where you stop messing with it and go somewhere else. Don't even bother with any of that crap.
~Merrill

Billy
NEWB / NOOB

Post by Billy » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:52 am

Agree.
Deal was too good to be true.

Billy
NEWB / NOOB

Re: Delete This Post

Post by Billy » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:34 pm

bump for delete of this thread

chris mitsuman
An old curmudgeon

Post by chris mitsuman » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:41 pm

DrumnBassBBoy wrote:bump for delete of this thread
You could have just let it fall off the page and into oblivion. It is OT, no real need to delete.
Dooly wrote:Some say he never actually does anything while he's at work. Or that he's never had a running Mirage. All we know is, he's Chris Mitsuman!

Billy
NEWB / NOOB

Post by Billy » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:34 pm

Yes there is, Google spiders. It is already indexed.

Billy
NEWB / NOOB

Post by Billy » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:35 pm

Actually Chris, leave it be.
BSS CONSIGNMENT IS A SCAM JOB!!! :D

PaulO
Used to be shade08

Re: BSS Cosignment is a SCAM JOB!

Post by PaulO » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:38 pm

Bump for scams!
chris mitsuman wrote: I want to be a midnight dorifto king.
97 DOHC 4G64 LS Coupe
2000 1.8L LS Coupe

danielvarga
Newb

Post by danielvarga » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:07 am

I’ve been reading all kinds of “reports” on the internet about BSS Consignment being a scam and it makes me laugh, I just can’t believe that people don’t know how to make a difference. I mean there are a lot of real scam alerts on the internet about people USING THEIR NAME to scam other people but my advice to these people is either you read the reports and make a difference, or stay off the internet.

There are people saying that sellers on Craigslist or eBay asks the buyers to send the payment directly to them and they claim to sell things through BSS Consignment but they are not, they have almost identical websites and even send fake “legit looking” emails like in all cases (PayPal scams, eBay scams) etc.
I mean really guys, if you are scammed on eBay by some guy, do you blame eBay or yourself? Do you even see how many people actually used the actual service and are happy with it? Do you even read their testimonials and the dates they are from?
BSS has a BIIIG warning on their website and even here with red so anybody can see and leading people on HOW TO USE THE REAL DEAL, but people don’t know and if they are taken by a scammer or even find a scammer on craigslist saying they use coop, they blame the whole service for this, maybe the guy you are talking to is a scammer maybe its not, but verify your transaction, contact their customer support, see if they have the seller or not.
I just can’t believe this and this makes me wonder why the internet exists and why people are using it if they don’t know how to read a warning and stay safe by following the tips, and blame the service if they are scammed because it’s their fault.

B.S.S. Consignment is a legitimate company. I never used it personally, but I know people that did, some of them are my clients. It’s one of the best fraud-free services out there and whoever came up with the idea did a good job. However, thre are a lot of legitimate services such as this one that are also being used by scammers, but you are obviously on the right track if you were pointed to B.S.S. Consignment You can also read their security page for tips on how to stay safe. Hope this helps.

Billy
NEWB / NOOB

Post by Billy » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:46 am

Well maybe it is a legit company...maybe it isn't...
Though, when someone is trying to sell you a car that can easily be sold for 27K for sub 15K, who do you blame? Also, the seller lacked knowledge of the vehicle and details. This particular vehicle would be considered a cult vehicle that you WOULD know the details about the vehicles life, PERIOD.

You go to the "website" and the company has no phone numbers, no contact info except e-mail contact forms, and their locations are all just random storage units. In this case, I am going to have to say it is the businesses fault for not having a better business model for protecting the buyer in scams such as this one. I understand your POV of not blaming an entire company for a few bad apples. Though, when your business model is flawed, best believe I am blaming the company for even letting such scams occur. In business, if you want to keep it running, you have to protect the buyer, vendors, and merchant while generating demand and not shooting yourself in the foot all at the same time. This company didn't get the memo apparently...

sandalscout
Old Timer

Post by sandalscout » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:58 pm

FYI, this post is "danielvarga"'s only post on this forum, and he joined today. Gonna guess it's because he actually does work for the company and does google searches to clear up the company name.

Not saying he's not right, but I bet he does work for the company, even though he says he doesn't. Take it all with a grain of salt. Buyer beware, etc.

MERRILL
OG

Post by MERRILL » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:00 pm

Yeah kind of an obvious post lol.

I'll add to reply - I do consignment sales. Everyone knows where their parts are, who has them, and every inquiry is responded to in a quick and knowledgeable manner. Point is, nothing goes on my auction block without my knowledge and nothing gets to my auction block if I can't answer questions. All parts are in my hands sent to my shop by my client and everything gets shipped to the new buyer from my shop. Everything is run entirely through my company with my staff. There are no "I don't knows, not sure's, and ummmm let me ask....'s" here.

It is possible to eliminate the BS and become a reputable seller and business leader. You just need to make sure that everything is in order and take the feedback from the individuals who post about it.

Technically (new guy), you did the right thing and the wrong thing. You search for feedback but you got all on the defense from someone else's observation and lack of understanding about BSS. Instead of jumping in to aid, you jumped in to cover. That sounds like you are trying to protect, but not protect a reputation (that nobody even knows about here). That usually indicates scam and if it isn't, why not explain the proper workings of the company so that maybe you gain another client and possibly a better reputation. After seeing this, I wouldn't go near BSS even with your computer....
~Merrill