99 Mirage bogging out while driving

Newbie Section... PLEASE start here!

Moderator: Newbie Moderators

99 Mirage bogging out while driving

Postby skillet64 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:48 pm

I have already posted this under Repair Technical Discussion, but I'm not getting any activity with that. So I'm reposting here hoping to catch a break:
"Hi, I'm new here and I have a very annoyong problem with my 1999 Mirage 1.5l auto.when the car is first started up, after sitting for several hours, it idles fine, but when it starts warming up the idle drops and sometimes the engine stalls out. Usually when it gets warm enough it runs fine, although it hesitates like crazy.

During the warm up process, if I'm driving and come to a stop and it decides to act up, I have to either hold the brake and give it gas or put in neutral or park to keep it running. but sometimes that doesn't always work.

I've had the for about 10 months or so and have put in a low mileage transmission it it. Here is a list of the crap I have changed in this car to attempt to get it running right:
1. MAP sensor
2. TP sensor
3. Post Cat 02 sensor
4.Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor
5.Thermostat
6.Fuel Pump, fuel sending unit(even though that's just for the gauge), and fuel filter
7. Cleaned fuel tank
8. Spark plugs and wires
9.Installed an air intake
10.Timing Belt
11. Battery
12. Flushed Coolant because it was brown

There is also no cat on the exhaust, even though i said post cat 02 sensor, the car came that way. I also get the codes p0170 and p0125. thanks for reading all this and for any and all help in advance.

Mike"
Mike
skillet64
Newb

Topics: 2

Re: 99 Mirage bogging out while driving

Postby RPW00mirage » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:56 pm

p0170 - Fuel Trim Malfunction (Bank 1)

p0125 - This means that the engine coolant temperature (ECT) sensor indicates that the engine has not reached the required temperature level to enter closed-loop operation within a specified amount of time after starting the engine.
Ladies always put out for Diamonds.
RPW00mirage
THE CHRIS

Topics: 591

2012 Hyundai Veloster

Postby skillet64 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:58 pm

Thanks for the quick reply. I already know what it means, but i need to know what could be causing it. The only thing i can think of is the post-cat O2 sensor, but I need to confirm before I go out and spend $60 for another one.
Mike
skillet64
Newb

Topics: 2

Postby mirage1 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:00 pm

Locking this post, there is a duplicate post in the repair section.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=43056
-Mitch-
Check out My Garage
Buy Mirage Forums.net Stickers
Fix your car yourself - Download the shop manuals
mirage1
Founding Father

Topics: 390

1995 Mitsubishi Mirage 2.4 5-speed

Return to Newbie